School is almost over, which means I will have a ton of free time soon. The only way that I can take full advantage of my time off is to create my Holiday Break Bucket List.
Last summer, I wanted to start learning Spanish, apply for a couple scholarships, and lose 10 lbs. Well, I ended up losing some weight but did pretty much nothing else. So now, I have about 6 weeks off and I am going to get things done!
2) Read I Am Malala. She is so inspiring. I have had this book on request from my local library for months. Must be very popular. So, I am going to just go buy it and read it.
3) Read The Reason I Jump. It’s a memoir written by a thirteen-year-old Japanese boy with Autism. I’ve studied a lot about children with disabilities, but I’d like to learn as much as I possibly can about very specific disabilities like Autism.
4) Be as organized as possible with Christmas shopping. I already have a master list with pictures of what I am looking for, and where I can get them. I am making many of my gifts this year so I need to keep a “To do” list so I get it all done in time. I also need to budget everything and keep track of how much I spend.
6) Make a list of schools I am thinking of to do my student teaching. It is a huge decision and will most likely propel me into my first teaching job.
7) Meet up with old friends. There are people I haven’t seen in years and I want to organize a get together so everyone can catch up.
8) Get back in shape. I wasn’t able to work out this semester due to not having any free time, ever. Now I’m getting back into it and then when spring comes, I don’t have to worry about losing all those Christmas cookies that went straight to my hips.
9) Plan something awesome for New Year’s Eve. My boyfriend and I are clueless when it comes to making plans for NYE. This year, I want to go somewhere and have it planned ahead of time. Any ideas?
10) Get another tattoo. I have been wanting a 2nd one and finally know what I want. My cousin and I have been thinking about getting matching tattoos for a few years now and have a date set! Pictures to come!
What kinds of things are on your Holiday Break Bucket List?